The ICRI is an independent non-profit organization, which has as its principal objectives:
- the scientific study of the Caucasus as a distinct cultural region;
- the diffusion of the results of Caucasological research in scholarly and popular media.
The ICRI is not attached to any government
agency, and will not involve itself in nationalistic or sectarian polemics. The scholarly
disciplines in which ICRI members conduct
research include: history, ethnology, archaeology, folklore studies, comparative religious
studies, sociology, cultural studies, conflict resolution, linguistics, etc.
To realize its objectives, the Institute intends to:
- establish international contacts;
- participate in and organize conferences, congresses, symposiums, seminars, exhibits,
displays, and other information-sharing activities;
- publish and assist in diffusing scholarly articles, scientific and popular publications,
textual collections, monographs, brochures, etc;
- participate in the preparation of journals, newsletters, television programs, etc;
- serve as a clearinghouse for information on events of interest to local and foreign
scholars, aid in the organization of research expeditions and tours, etc.
New! Mobile version of ICRI web page has been launched!
Please visit: www.caucasology.com/m/index.html